Entire Yard Renovation in Derwood
Last winter, Lauren’s Garden Service took on its biggest project yet! An entire yard renovation of the front and back yards of a new construction in Derwood. This project started with demolition of the existing concrete walkway. Our crew then installed a front walkway with a small landing and sitting area, steps with a pathway to a large patio, a small deck to provide access from the back door to the yard, and a walkway from the patio the the cellar entrance.
The before picture here was from June of 2018 for the initial site visit. The project was accepted in October and we started the work on site in November!
We installed this entire patio, including the steps from the driveway and the bed behind it.
We installed this small deck to the backdoor, with a pathway from the patio and towards the back cellar entrance. Techno-bloc pavers were used for the backwalkways.
The plantings that we used in this install were:
- ‘Zagreb’ tickseed- Coreopsis verticillata
- ‘Pink knockout’ rose- Rosa
- Little Bluestem- Schizachyrium scoparium
- ‘Balmy Purple’ Bee Balm- Monarda didyma
- ‘Goldsturm’ black eyed susan –Rudbeckia fulgida \
- Blue Wonder Catmint- Nepeta racemosa
- ‘Caradonna’ sage- Salvia nemorsa
- ‘Dark Knight’ Blue Mist Spirea – Caryopteris × clandonensis
- ‘Dissectum’ Japanese Maple –Acer palmatum
- ‘Blue Star’ Cedar- Juniperus squamata
- ‘Otto Luyken’ Cherry laurel- Prunus laurocerasus
- Japanese Cedar- Cryptomeria radicans
- Flowering Dogwood- Cornus florida
- ‘Dynamite’ Crape myrtle- Lagerstroemia indica
- ‘Einstein’ Sweet pepperbush- Clethra alnifolia
- ‘Mt Airy’ Fothergilla – Fothergilla gardenii
- ‘Nellie R Stevens’ holly- Ilex
- Northern Red Oak- Quercus rubra
- October Glory red maple- Acer rubrum
- ‘Spilled Wine’ weigela- Weigela florida
- ‘Yoshino’ Japanese cedar- Cryptomeria radicans
Want to do a full renovation of your yard, or have a new construction that needs renovating?
Click Here to Get a Free Estimate!