Lauren’s Garden Service is hiring!
Landscape Designer & Project Manager
This is a Sustainable Horticulture Position in a small landscape company and native plant nursery in Glenwood MD that specializes in native plant landscape services.
We are hiring a full time landscape designer/project manager. One to two years knowledge and experience using Maryland native plants and ecologically sustainable landscape practices in residential landscapes. Must have a working understanding of efficiency and quality of projects installed and supporting a crew in their proper installation. CBLP not necessary but a big bonus!
- Client site visits for project estimation
- Developing estimates
- Communicating with clients
- Sketching project layout and selecting plants
- Communicating project goals and supporting crew through installation process
- When time allows- design and consultation only projects or plant selection projects for DIY clients who want to purchase plants through the nursery.
This position runs Monday-Thursday 7am-5pm. Benefits include healthcare with dental and vision, paid holidays and birthday and personal days starting in 2nd season.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about native plants and eco friendly landscaping!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Email resume and 3 professional references
Eco-Friendly Landscape/Garden Crew Member
Work outside, stay in shape, have fun!
Full time/40 hours per week
Mondays through Thursdays 7:00am-5:00pm
Seasonal position: March-December
Pay- $12-18/hr – Depending on experience
We are a small, local, eco-friendly garden company looking for crew members who share similar passions. Crew members weed, edge, prune, plant, mulch, and install landscapes and gardens as well as stone work (we do not do lawn care and mowing). We focus on eco-friendly practices and install a lot of rain gardens and use native plants. Any interest or knowledge about these subjects is not required but a bonus. This job is full time, 40 hours a week from March until the end of December. In the event of heavy rain, that work day will be cancelled and made up for on the following Friday.
- Weed, edge, prune, plant, mulch, and install landscapes and gardens
- Follow direction of crew leaders and follow company standards to provide the best service to clients
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work in various weather conditions
- Candidates must have their own reliable transportation. We meet in Glenwood at 7:00am to load up trucks.
- Must be on time for work, detail oriented, listen to instructions and behave professionally.
- A CBLP certification is not a must, but a bonus!
- Healthcare benefits after 3 months
- Returning crew get paid holidays and birthday in 2nd year
- 10 weeks of unemployment insurance is provided over winter for those returning for the next season
Email your resume to and 3 professional references to: